Kids love slime! I’m not exactly sure why, but they do! And this recipe is so easy to follow. You and the little one(s) will have so much fun making and playing with this “ooey gooey” goodness—DIY slime!
Start by adding 1 tbsp of a clear fiber supplement (must contain Psyllium Husks), to 1 cup of water.
Add any food coloring you would like, but I recommend going light on the color. The more you add the more likely it will bleed onto your hands when playing. Either way, it comes right with a little soap and water!
Give it a good mix…
…and microwave for 5 minutes.
Be sure to keep an eye on it as it can bubble over the bowl. If that’s the case, just stop the microwave momentarily to let it settle.
Once you’ve reach a consistency you like, allow to cool to room temperature.
Repeat steps for additional colors.
Mine came out a little dark, but I would definitely use less food coloring in the future.
Regardless, this is a REALLY simple and fun project! Perfect for kids of any age, 100% non-toxic, and even edible (though I doubt it tastes very yummy =)!
- Fiber Supplement with Psyllium Husks (non-colored)
- Food Coloring
- Add 1 TBSP of a clear fiber supplement to a microwave safe bowl.
- Add desired food coloring. The more you add the more it will color your hands while playing, but it’s easy to wash off!
- Add 1 cup of water. Whisk and microwave for 5 minutes, or until the slime is the consistency you would like.
- Let cool to room temp and ENJOY!