I’ve been a huge fan of Facial Steaming ever since I was a young girl. Not only is it extremely relaxing and practically free, but it’s SUPER beneficial to the health and appearance of your skin!
DEEP CLEANSING AND MOISTURIZING
Steaming acts as a deep cleanser. By applying moist heat to the skin the body begins to perspire, or sweat. Little do many people, “sweating it out” is actually a good thing! Perspiration flushes out clogged pores, toxins, dirt, and MORE, giving you a deep cleanse where soap simply cannot.
By deeply cleansing your skin and flushing out your pores, you are clearing the passage way for natural nutrients produced by your body, like “sebum” a natural moisturizer. This makes steaming a great way to naturally cleanse AND a moisturize your face.
Another great benefit of steaming is an increased circulation. By heating your skin with steam, your body will react by increasing the amount of blood flow in your face. A process to cool your face. As you may know, blood carries oxygen and nutrients; HENCE, better circulation=healthier skin.
Lastly, steam is a great contributor to young and healthy skin! The moisture from steam aids in releasing dead skin cells. The older we get, the harder it is for our bodies to shed the outmost layers of skin; hence, skin begins to dry and age faster as we get older. Steam acts as a lubricant to release the bond between NEW skin, which is plump and supple, and dead skin, which is dry and rigid.
Steaming will literally leave you “fresh-faced” and ready to take on the day!
What You Need:
2-3 Cups teaming hot water
A Few Drops Of Essential Oil
What To Do:
1. Add a few cups of steaming hot water to a bowl.
2. Carefully set your bowl in a comfortable and stable place in front of a chair.
3. Add a few drops of essential oil to the hot water.
4. Sit with the bowl in front of your face and put a towel over your entire head and the bowl.
5. Hover your face just over the hot water. note: If it feels like its too hot, or like it’s burning, you are too close. Hover where it feels warm, but comfortable!
You can allow you skin to gently steam for up to 15 min.
Hope you enjoyed this post and learned something new!