I adapted this recipe from TheBlenderest.com and it’s soooooooo BOMB! I made mine with vegan ramen noodles instead, but I’d love to try this with zucchini noodles sometime soon. Either way, this one was a hit in my house!
- 1 white onion
- 1 2-inch piece of ginger
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 3-5 cloves
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2-3 drops anise extract
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ramen noodles
- Fresh Basil
- Bean Sprouts
- Hoisin Sauce
- Begin by toasting your spices in a small pan on medium heat. Combine 1 stick of cinnamon, 1 tsp of coriander seeds, and 3-5 cloves. Toast until they begin to brown and become fragrant. Place in a cheese cloth and tie with cooking twine. Set aside.
- Halve a white onion and a two inch piece of ginger. Place them on a baking sheet and broil until they are slightly charred. Remove from heat and begin to assemble the broth.
- In a medium sauce pan combine 4 cups of vegetable stock, charred onion and ginger, the bag of toasted spices, 2-3 drops of anise extract, 2 tbsp of soy sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce to low, and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Once reduced, remove the onion, ginger, and spice bag from the broth. Drop in the ramen noodles and cook according to instructions. When the noodles are perfectly tender, begin to plate.
- Carefully pour the pho into a large bowl and top with your favorite toppings. I went with plenty of fresh basil, bean sprouts, siracha, hoisin sauce, and a lot of freshly squeezed lime juice!